How can we help?
How To Set Up PayPal API Key for Payment Required Features
PayPal is one of the world’s largest Internet payment companies. The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites and other commercial users, for which it charges a fee.
First, If you don’t have a Paypal account, you need to create one. Please go to paypal.com and sign up for free.
Your Paypal account must be “premium” or “business”.
Here is what you need to set up Paypal in your mobile app:
- Paypal API username
- Paypal API password
- Paypal signature
The process is simple but needs some requirements. First, open paypal.com and log in.
Under your name, make sure your status reads: Verified. If your account isn’t verified, Paypal must verify it to start accepting PayPal gateways payments. If you are in a country where PayPal does not support accepting payments, options in your account may be limited, and you may not see API access.
To login to your Paypal and click or hover on Activity
- Then, select API access, but note that we have been informed that the PayPal Interface may look slightly different depending on the user’s country, so this link should take you to API Access.
- You can also do this by hovering on your Paypal Profile and then clicking Account Settings.
- Then, find the “API access” line and click update: Note that if your account is ineligible, you will not find API access options.
- On the next screen, choose “Manage API credentials”:
- Then select “Request API signature and hit “agree and submit”:
- Great, you have created your API credentials; click show to see them:
USING IT ON COMMERCE & COMMERCE PRO FEATURE
For the COMMERCE FEATURE & COMMERCE PRO FEATURE, see the image below:
Add any of these features to your app, then click the plus (+) button.
It will take you to the page below, scroll to the Activation form area, check the PAYPAL option, and then enter your Stripe API Keys accordingly.
USING IT ON THE E-WALLET FEATURE
- You need to, first of all, add the feature to your app and navigate to Gateways.
- Click the Pencil Icon in front of PayPal.