Confused about how to create an app? Swiftspeed Appcreator, since time immemorial, has always stood out as one of the finest app builders to create an app without coding, and there is no gainsaying in the fact that it has shown it is one of the best over time considering its features. However, this article will give evident pointers to prospective application developers on how to create an app with our platform.
Booking App Created using Swiftspeed Appcreator.
In order to successfully create an app using the Swiftspeed Appcreator platform, you have to:
Table of Contents
How to create an app step 1: Mapping out your app idea
As a prospective app owner and developer, it is imperative that you understand that there are no new app ideas. Existing applications are variations and by-products of pre-existing applications before their own arrival. You have to understand that applications are variations or combinations of other existing applications serving related if not exactly the same purpose or to satisfy the same need.
There are different methods to devising an idea for an application which will be comprehensively discussed in this tutorial:
- Rehash / Remix technique: this technique involves having to twist an existing idea into a way that fits your objectives or trying to combine various features and elements from different apps which they lack individually into a wholesome one, i.e., your app provides a more holistic service compared to other applications. For instance: You want to create a music app, but you discover that of the two major music apps widely known, one does not provide a lyrics display feature for its music while the other does not have an offline user feature. As these gaps have been identified, a new developer could capitalize on this to create an app that would provide one if not both of those features in order to be a competitive threat in the app industry. Giving them a run for their money, yes!
- Brainstorming Technique: This technique involves thinking about the possible problems you are facing and how your app hopes to solve those problems. For instance: A close relative of yours had a health condition that tends him/her to require a blood transfusion, but due to lateness in finding a matching donor, that victim died as a result. In memory of the late person and to prevent future occurrence, you could come up with the idea of creating an app that brings blood donors closer to ailing people who need them. An idea born in this way is brought about through brainstorming.
- Feedback Leverage Technique: This technique involves improving the features of an app on your own app by checking out for the feedback from the original app. Feedbacks are the user’s response to their app experience, which can be either satisfactory or not. Most times, it is advisable to leverage negative feedbacks in order to make improvements sturdy enough to give the original app tough competition.
How to create an app step 2: Carry out market research:
Market research involves investigating how viable and economically feasible your app will be in the mobile app industry amongst scores of competitors. Is there another app that provides exactly the same service you hope to provide? Is there another app in the market that solves the problem you aspire to make yours solve?
However, you should understand that it is perfectly fine if an app solves the same problem or provides the same service that you aspire. There is always an open window for improvements on your part, giving your app a cutting edge against other competitive apps in the market.
An app that yours is competing with might not be regularly updated. It might not respond to user feedback, or it may no longer meet the users’ needs again, giving you an elbow room to infuse the app’s shortcomings into making yours a better one.
In carrying out market research, there are some important parameters to look out for in the competing apps:
- Name of the competing app/apps
- Sets of app features
- Last updated
- Monetization scheme/Pricing
- Ratings and app reviews
How to create an app step 3: Create a rough sketch of your app features and layout:
Before you start to build your app, it is pertinent that you create a rough sketch of your app features and layout before you begin to create. A rough sketch will show how an app looks like, the flow, and their interaction with the various features.
Creating a rough sketch gives you an opportunity to fine-tune and establish a concrete app design before you actually begin to create the application.
How to create an app step 4: Create a graphic design for your app:
This requires bringing how you want your app to be creatively and artfully into life. In creating a graphic design for your app, this is what you are envisaging:
- It should be a carbon copy of your final app product.
- It should be versatile enough to sell your app to investors, partners, and even prospective users.
The importance of this step cannot be overemphasized as it has a huge influence on user interface UI and user experience UX of the app, which is why the service of a professional graphic designer may be required and most times recommended due to the importance accrued to this step. A poor graphic design and other plans can go sour.
How to create an app step 5: Commencing App Marketing:
There are close to 2 million apps in the IOS app store, and in order to make your app gain prominence and make strides in the mobile app industry amongst a horde of highly competitive apps, there is a need to steer your app to the right audience.
Most times and ideally before apps are launched, app marketing will have been commenced. However, one of the ways by which you can market your app pre-launch:
- Build a landing page for your app and build a pre-launch email list: It’s important that you have a landing page for your app at the very least so that people have somewhere to visit to learn more about your app. Make sure you add a call to action for people to sign up to a pre-launch email list to get notified when the app launches. To start collecting emails for free, sign up for an email service with a generous free-tier like Mailchimp. This will help guide on how to create an app and reach the target audience.
How to create an app step 6: Log in to Swiftspeed App creator
Visit our home page to sign up on our platform. If you are an existing user, you can log in here. Please see our features or app gallery if you need to know more about the type of applications you can make with our app maker.
After you have successfully completed the signup process, a confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Click on the “Confirm email address” button to confirm your email, and you will be redirected to the page shown in the image below. Click on the highlighted message, and you will be taken to your app maker dashboard.
You can also share files on the internet using SwiftspeedShare.
You can now create your first application after you have logged in. Click on the “Create a new application” button, type in the name of your application (here, we will use “Tutorial”), and click on the “create” button.
After clicking on create, the template window will pop up. Here you are required to choose a template for how to create your app. We have templates for almost any kind of app you can think of making. Choose any template that suits your needs, and the effects will be applied immediately. For this tutorial, the “Blutility” template will be used.
After selecting the template, you will be taken to the below page. Your app’s look and feel will now be displayed in real-time, and you can test run your edits almost immediately without having to install your app on a real device by using our virtual device. Just click on the “See changes” button to refresh the device. See the image below.
Pick a Layout design scheme by clicking on the “Pick a layout” button. Choose any layout you like from our extensive list of designs.
After selecting a layout, scroll down to the “Localization settings” section and choose your local currency and language. You can also choose the font family for your app or use your own custom font in the font family section, which is located below the “Localization settings” section.
The colors in your app can be customized according to your taste; just click on the “colors” button located in the menu to the left of your screen. You can now add your own colors to the different sections of your app and even add images if you like. Scroll down to see all the sections and make changes accordingly.
To add features to your app, click on the features button on the side menu and choose from our list of features. Click on a feature, and it will be added to your app automatically. You can add as many features as you like. Visit our features page to see a short description of all our features and their capabilities. You can also refer to our documentation to learn how to implement each feature.
Click on the customize button when you are done adding all the features you want to your app. The “Customize” tab allows you to customize certain aspects of your app freely. The app icon, back button, and splash screen can be customized to emphasize your brand in this tab. Scroll down to see all the sections and make changes accordingly.
Click on the “Download your app” button from the side menu when you are done with the customization. In the general information section, you can change the name of your app, the bundle ID, and the package name. The common convention for package name is “com. ( company name). (app name)”. So here our package name will be “com.Swiftspeed.Tutorial”. Click save and scroll down to the “Monetize your app” section.
In the “Monetize your app” section, you can choose to monetize your app with AdMob. Admob is Google’s advertising platform for promoting and monetizing mobile applications. It allows developers to promote their applications and generate revenue through in-app ads. Admob is available for Android and iOS platforms. You must enter the App ID, Choose an ad type, and then enter the ID for whichever ad type you chose. Click “save” and scroll down to the “Download your app” section to activate your subscription.
To download your APK, including but not limited to Android and iOS source code, testing your app on a real device, publishing in google play store and iPhone app store, you are required to have a valid subscription on our platform. Click on the “Activate Subscription” button to subscribe. You will be redirected to the activation form page.
The activation form page requires that you fill out your address information. Click save when you have completed the form.
Immediately after completing the form in the “Address” section, the “Select package section will become visible.” Select the package that best suits your needs. For this tutorial, I am going to select the STARTER plan. Scroll down and click save when you are done with the package selection.
The order details section will show the sum total of the package you selected. Choose a payment method in the “Choose your payment method” section and fill out the required information. We currently have Paypal and Stripe as our payment methods. For this tutorial, we will use Paypal as our payment method. Accept our terms and conditions in the “Confirmation” section by clicking on the checkbox then click on Validate. You can read our terms and conditions here.
After clicking on the validate, you will be redirected to the Paypal platform to complete the payment. Your app will be activated, and the APK will be sent to the email you registered with after the payment is complete. You will then be redirected to this page. Click the ” Click here” button, and you will be taken back to your main dashboard menu.
Congratulations, you have just made your own mobile application without writing a single line of code. Remember that it is unnecessary to republish your application when you make changes to them, except when you change core features like App Icon, App Name, App Package Name, or resolution. Have fun while you make your app with our solution. Check our login page by clicking the button below or check out our many awesome features.